Contact Me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Sunday, August 26, 2018

BackPacks and Park days!



Hi there! When traveling to a Disney park for the day, you want to make sure that you pack the essentials to last you throughout the day. By doing so, you can save yourself both time and money! I've come up with a list of a few essentials I think are key for a day in the park.

My first piece of advice and probably my most important piece of advice, is to buy a backpack with two straps to distribute weight evenly. By doing so, you will save yourself from a sore neck/back after walking all day in the parks. Another thing I suggest, is getting a gender friendly bag. Although ladies, don't get me wrong..although I absolutely love the Kate Spade Minnie Book bag, I highly doubt my Fiancé Andrew will wear it for a couple hours if I get too tired! 
    One of my personal favorites is this denim mickey backpack off amazon.








Now lets get to that list shall we! 

1) Mouse Ears. If you're anything like me, then you cant do a day in the park without your ears on.. and right now, my personal favorite are the rose gold ones! For the longest time, it was almost impossible to find them in the Disney Parks because they are the hottest thing right now! But, like everything else I buy, you can find them on amazon! So be sure to order your ears ahead of time and pack them to save yourself from buying another pair. (Unless you want to add to your collection of course!)
Below I attached the link straight to the Rose Gold Minnie Ears!

2) Sanitize, Sanitize, Sanitize!!! I literally can not stress this one enough! Think of all the people that visit each Disney park A DAY!! Now imagine all the people that touch the very same things that you do. Rides, railings, merchandise, benches, etc. The last thing you want to do is pick up a nasty bug while on vacation. I usually bring wipes as well as the pocket size bottle. You can get the key chain ones to attach to your strap so you don't have to open your bag each time.

3) Rain Poncho. This is another important one to pack, and I suggest you purchase ahead of time. I don't think there has been a Disney Vacation I have been on where it hasn't rained once or twice. The first time it happened (when I was an adult and my mom wasn't there with her Mary Poppins purse) I purchased a poncho in the park, and surprise surprise it cost me a fortune! It also ended up tearing by the end of the night, so I paid a fortune for a poncho that ripped. 👎 
You can purchase ones for the whole family right on Amazon and save yourself some money!




4) Number 4 on my list is of course an external battery for your smart phone! Through out the day at the parks you will find yourself logging in to My Disney experience App, and it can be draining on your phone battery. An external battery is sleek and light weight and will re-charge your smart phone in no time!
Like everything else, I tend to shop amazon, and Anker Power core is a battery bank that supports both Androids & IPhone! 


5) For the Moms and Dads traveling with children, along with your little ones autograph book, I suggest a Click able Sharpie marker for autographs! Markers show up the best in the books and instead of fidgeting with a marker cap, click and sign!

6) Number 6 on my list is something that someone I'm close with, learned the hard way! CHANGE OF CLOTHES FOR YOUR LITTLE ONE! Lets face it, with all the excitement of the characters, rides, and snacks.. your little prince or princess may not always be upfront with having to go to the bathroom, which may result in a little unpleasant accident. And trust me, its almost impossible to find replacement undies in the parks! 

7) Sunscreen & lip balm with SPF.  Nobody wants to be uncomfortable and sunburned on vacation!

8) First aid essentials, because accidents, scrapes and cuts DO HAPPEN, even in the Happiest Place On Earth.

9) Sunglasses/Hat


10)Refillable Water Bottle 


11) Last but not least! GLOW STICKS! If you or your children are anything like me, when the sun goes down and the light up necklaces & bubble wands look even more tempting, save yourself some money with glow stick necklaces and bracelets! Simply take out of your backpack, snap and enjoy! 


And that concludes my park day backpack! I hope you find this list helpful when packing for your next adventure!


1 comment:

  1. love your blog! saved this post for my next trip :)

    ReplyDelete